MOVE, our adult day program, is seeking volunteers.
If you or someone you know is looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity, this could be it! Our MOVE program is looking for volunteers to help out at the reception desk any time between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. MOVE is located at 4950 West 23rd Street in Erie, near Wegmans West. MOVE is also looking for people interested in playing music or assisting with art and dance. Sounds like fun! Please call Debra Niland at at 814-315-1904 to learn more.
A few hours can make a big difference.
We have volunteer opportunities for one-to-one relationships with residents, general residence/program assistance, special event participation, and more. There’s definitely a place for you to become a valued member of the EHCA family!
Do you want to make a difference in the life of one of EHCA’s residents or program participants? Volunteer in one of our houses or community programs. If you have a few hours each week to become someone’s friend, one of the individuals we serve would like to meet you!
Do you want to volunteer but cannot commit to a specific schedule? Consider helping with a special activity, outing, or fundraising event. You can even enlist your family or coworkers to plan your own event–such as a book drive, community outing, dance, themed party, or “baby shower” (for Project First Step)–and donate proceeds to our individuals.
Here are the steps to take to become an EHCA volunteer:
- Contact Karen Tuminello at 814-315-1857 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. After you complete an application and attend a brief interview, she will assess your volunteer availability and interests to help determine which residence, program, committee, or other opportunity is the best fit for you.
- Depending on the type of volunteer service, you may be asked to provide EHCA with Act 33 and Act 34 clearances. These clearances are available online for volunteers free of charge just once every five years, so be sure to retain your original copy.
- At some point, you may be eligible and encouraged to attend a training/orientation with other EHCA volunteers or employees.
Here are just some examples of how volunteers can get involved at EHCA:
- Committee work
- Event volunteerism, such as fundraising events and agency gatherings
- Community outreach and advocacy
- MOVE program assistance with art, dance, music, and community volunteering
- General community residence assistance (games, crafts, outings, landscaping)
- Special group outings and holiday events