EHCA IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED DSP APPLICANTS
So…what exactly does a DSP do? Since EHCA’s services are tailored to meet each individual’s needs, DSPs can have the same job title but have different job responsibilities in different programs.
Here are some common responsibilities:
- Feed, bathe, dress and provide all personal care.
- Implement individualized programs following written objectives and plans. Record all necessary information, observations, and daily progress notes.
- Participate in planning and implementing programs, including social, recreational, work, and in-home activities.
- Be a positive role model in regards to behavior, dress and respect for others.
- Transport clients in agency vehicles when needed.
- Comply with all applicable agency and governmental regulations, policies and procedures.
- Implement emergency treatment and life saving techniques to the extent training and agency protocol allow.
- Administer medications to residents following completion of the agency’s Medication Administration Training Program.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Qualifications for employment at EHCA include the following:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Obtain successful Act 33, Act 34, and FBI clearances
Click here to complete an online application. If this is your first time applying at EHCA, click on New Applicant in the upper right to register an account.
To complete a paper application, download and print out an employment application here and mail it to EHCA, Human Resources, 226 East 27th Street, Erie, PA 16504, or apply in person between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.