Be the hands that
carry out the mission!
So…what exactly does a DSP do? EHCA’s services are tailored to meet each individual’s needs, so DSPs can have the same job title but have very different job responsibilities in different programs.
- Some work in our residential homes, which are located as far west as Girard, as far east as Harborcreek, and as far south Titusville
- Some work in our one-on-one community-based program, Options, offered in both Erie and Meadville
- Some work in our adult day program, MOVE, located in Millcreek near the Erie Airport.
Here are some common responsibilities:
- Implement individualized programs following written objectives and plans. Record all necessary information, observations, and daily progress notes.
- Participate in planning and implementing programs, including social, recreational, work, and in-home activities.
- Be a positive role model in regards to behavior, dress and respect for others.
- Transport clients when needed.
- Comply with all applicable agency and governmental regulations, policies and procedures.
- Implement emergency treatment and life saving techniques to the extent training allows.
- Administer medications to residents following completion of the agency’s Medication Administration Training Program.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Qualifications for employment include the following:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful Act 33, Act 34, FBI clearance, and drug screening
Click here to complete an online application. If this is your first time applying at EHCA, click on New Applicant in the upper right to register an account.
To complete a paper application, download and print out an employment application here and mail it to EHCA, Human Resources, 226 East 27th Street, Erie, PA 16504, or apply in person between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
To watch a video that shows the work of a DSP, click here.